14 Jun 2008

When I first did macro work I used a 100-300mm lens to fill the frame and often a Nikon No. 6 T close-up adapter to get life-size. This set-up is great but has very limited depth-of-field so a tripod is necessary. I went to the extent of buying a Novoflex focusing rack –
http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/fr_eha4.htm

which I’ve hardly used as my interests changed. Although producing good results, this all requires forethought and preparation with a specific shoot in mind.
I am very impressed with these results from my new Powershot G9 and how easy it is to use. This camera will focus down to one centimeter and has image stabilization so I didn’t need a tripod. Working distance is small and I haven’t yet explored its ability to capture this amount of detail in situations where I can’t get so close. That’ll be next.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home